The Editorial Board, therefore, invites interested scholars and researchers to submit manuscripts for publication. In doing this, the following guidelines should be adhered to:
If the paper is accepted for publication after assessment, then one copy of the assessed manuscript, as well as the corrected version and a CD or memory stick containing the latter should be sent to the Managing Editor with the original teller evidencing the payment of a publication fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00) only in cash deposit payable in any branch of Access Bank Plc in favour of Account Name/Number: Niger Delta Journal of Education (NDJE) 0055510001 accompanying the paper. The paper should be sent to either
Types of Manuscripts and Limit
- Articles should be typed in double-line spacing.
- Articles should not exceed 15 pages of A4 paper in 12 points New Times Romans including abstract, reference and appendices; and should be written in English. Any paper/article exceeding 15 pages shall attract extra charge.
- Abstracts should not exceed 200 words.
- All articles submitted for publication should adopt the current APA style of citation and referencing.
- manuscripts should be submitted in triplicate.
- The cover page should bear the title of the article, author(s) name(s), e-mail, academic/institutional affiliation and status/title.
- Articles are received all year round.
- Contributors will be contacted after assessment.
- Contributors should submit their papers for assessment with a non-refundable assessment fee of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00) only in cash deposit payable to the Managing Editor.
Note that views expressed in any article published in this Journal are the views of the individual authors to promote scholarship and not necessarily the views of the Editorial Board of the Niger Delta Journal of Education. The Journal, its Editorial Board or the Publishers hence do not accept any liability for inaccurate information.
Manuscript should be sent as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
A Manuscript upon submission first undergoes editorial review to ascertain its novelty and suitability for publication on NDJE. Thereafter it is sent to two /three independent assessors for peer-review.
Preparation of Manuscript
Manuscripts should be prepared on an A4 paper, double-spaced with margins of 2.5cm from each edge, font size 12 and face Times New Roman, pages numbered consecutively in the bottom right-hand corner. Manuscript should include the following sections: Title page, abstract and keywords, text, acknowledgements, references, tables and figures in that order.
Original Article should be formatted as follow
- Title page
- Title of article, names of contributing authors in this order; Surname (family name) in full , middle name initial and First name in full e.g. Green O. Smith, name of institution the study is carried out and qualifications of each author, name, address and email of the corresponding author.
- Article file
- This file contains the abstract and keywords and the main text sections only.
- This is arranged into; a brief Introduction highlighting the background, Methods highlighting (setting, design, timeline, subjects, data management etc), Results and conclusions. It should not exceed 250 words.
- These should not be more than six or less than four words
- Text of an original manuscript should be separated into the standard IMRAD format as follows: Introduction, Methodology, Results and Discussion. Sections on Acknowledgements and References should be included
- Should be concise and state the background and clear objective of the paper.
- Materials and Methods
- Should be clear enough for another researcher to be able to repeat the study. Detailed statement on ethical issues should be in this section
- Present results in logical sequence in the text, tables, figures and other illustrations. Do not repeat in the text all the data in the tables or illustrations; emphasize or summarize only the important observations. Use the symbols * ¶ ᵼ ⱡ § sequentially to explain as footnotes unconventional abbreviations used in the tables.
- The major findings should be highlighted and related to other studies. Their significance, implications and limitations should be emphasized.
- As much as possible relevant conclusions from the results in relation to the objectives of the study should be stated.
- The following should be acknowledged; Research or other financial grants; Material support, Contributions of Institutions, Colleagues and other relevant participants who contributed significantly but not sufficient for the authorship.
- should follow the Vancouver style giving name of the Journal or its standard abbreviation, year, volume, first and last pages. The references should be numbered, using Arabic numerals in superscript in the order in which they are first used in the text, tables, figures, and legends. In the reference section, list the references in the order of appearance in the text, tables, figures and legends. Do not include abstracts, unpublished data, oral communications, and personal communications in the reference list. All references should be against the original documents. In the reference section, the names of first six authors should be listed followed by “et al.” Names of journals should be abbreviated using the approved style as in Index Medicus/PubMed. A manuscript may be rejected for inaccurate citations..
- References to a chapter in a textbook
- should include the surname and up to two initials of each author, title of the chapter, followed by In:, surname and up to two initials of each editor of the book, title of the book, edition , publisher ,year of publication, first and last page of the chapter
- Reference to a book
- should state the surname and up to two initials of each editor of the book, followed by eds, title of the book, edition of the book, place of publication,year and pages of the chapter.
Manuscripts accepted for publication in Niger Delta Journal of Education become the property of the journal. All authors are therefore expected to sign a transfer of copyright form and send a scan copy by email attachment to the editorial office. With copyright, the journal has the exclusive rights to reproduction, translation and distribution of the article.
Subscription Per Annum
Individuals –N4, 000
Institutions –N7, 000
Overseas — USD 100 or equivalent
Advertisement rates per Issue
Full page (cover pages) –N25, 000
Inside Full page –N22, 500
½ page –N15, 000
¼ page –N8, 000
Processing and Publication Fees: USD 100 or its equivalent payable only after the acceptance of submitted manuscript.