The objectives of the faculty are as follows:
1. To develop programmes covering the broad area of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, livestock and food science.
2. To turn out production – oriented graduates in agriculture, forestry and fisheries by making it mandatory for each student to maintain a plot in the field, a pen of animals or be in a team to manage fish ponds, from the second to the final year.
3. To train personnel capable of teaching and conducting relevant research on crops, soils, fisheries, livestock, forestry/wildlife production, economics and rural development.
4. To produce graduates who will profitably put their skills into operation by establishing and operating their own farms, hotels food and related enterprises.
5. To produce extension workers who should be able to communicate effectively with rural dwellers taking cognizance of their present level of awareness.
6. To conduct research into various aspect of agriculture, forestry/wildlife, fisheries, livestock, food industry and women in development.
7. To establish viable commercial farms and agro-based cottage industries.
8. To organize regular agricultural clinics where staff and students will advice and interact with farmers on practical problems.
9. To encourage environment friendly agriculture.
10. To turn out graduates who will be engaged in community/development schemes.