The fundamental The mission of the Department of Business Administration is to maintain a challenging learning environment that fosters excellence in business education and develops business professionals through innovative programs, applied learning, research, and collaboration with alumni and the local business community. Our programs reflect the international, entrepreneurial, hi-tech, and tourism character of our region and provide opportunities for students.
To continue the transformation into a next-generation business school through the development of a unique college culture; one that promotes engagement, risk-taking, cross-disciplinary collaboration and data-driven decision making.
While core business curriculum remains unchanged, the world of business is changing the same way students learn and receive information.
The Department’s mission and vision are in place to strengthen the college and ultimately, by focusing on critical factors in higher education: students, faculty, programs and facilities. As such, the college aspires to:
* Offer the benefits of a large, metropolitan research university while providing individual attention and maintaining a sense of community for our students and faculty.
* Create a state-of-the-art educational facility that cultivates a learning environment that promotes collaboration, engagement, risk taking and data-driven decision making.
* Provide increased opportunities for student engagement and one-on-one learning.
* Cultivate an ecosystem which develops entrepreneurs from all backgrounds and skill sets.
* Raise the academic profile of the college by recruiting research faculty in key disciplines and by incorporating top industry executives into programming.
* Elevate the career prospects of students as well as the perceptions of graduates in the community, by ensuring students are career-ready upon graduation by providing experiential learning and developmental feedback.